The AI App revolution hit the mainstream when ChatGPT arrived in late 2022. While many AI Apps using similar AI technology existed beforehand, including prior versions of GPT, the public release of ChatGPT is the moment everything changed.
ChatGPT set a record as the fastest growing consumer application in history, reaching 100 million monthly users just two months after launching. The prior record of nine months was held by TikTok.
What does ChatGPT Do?
Here’s a simple explanation: You tell ChatGPT what you want it to write and then it instantly provides high quality human-like content.
The slightly longer explanation is that GPT is a large language model that can understand and respond to your directions. It generates human-like replies to your natural language inputs that will amaze you the first time you try it.
The output is indistinguishable from text written by a human which is why the entire tech industry lost its mind when ChatGPT was released.
How is ChatGPT Being Used?
ChatGPT is being used for a wide list of tasks including as a chatbot, language translator and content generator, and writing editor. Here are some of the most exciting and common use cases to so far:
- Chatbots: Can power chatbots that can communicate with users in a natural and human-like way, providing assistance and answering questions.
- Content Generation: Generate high-quality, human-like content for a wide range of applications, such as product descriptions, news articles and blog posts.
- Fix Grammar and Typos: Copy text into ChatGPT and then ask it to find and fix all typos and grammar issues.
- Language Translation: Develop machine translation systems that can accurately translate text between different languages.
- Question Answering: Can answer questions based on a given input, making it a valuable tool for customer service and support applications.
- Virtual Assistants: Develop virtual assistants that can help users perform tasks and answer questions in a natural and human-like way.
- Debugging and Writing Software Code: Generate and correct code and assist programmers in writing software code more efficiently and accurately.
The above is just the start and we expect many new examples to emerge over the coming months and years as ChatGPT’s core technology is improved and expanded. Our AI Software Reviews showcase the best AI tools for your business and coverall of the those use cases.
Where Can I Access Chat GPT?
ChatGPT was built by a company called OpenAI and can be accessed via the OpenAI ChatGPT site. Some AI Apps have integrated GPT into their products via the ChatGPT API. It’s possible that a site you visit or an App you use with AI capabilities is powered by ChatGPT.
How does Chat GPT Work?
Put simply – ChatGPT was trained by allowing it to scan a MASSIVE amount of content and data including news articles, books and Internet forums. It used that information to become knowledgeable about a wide range of subjects. When you ask ChatGPT a question or provide it with directions, it uses that knowledge to produce human-like responses.
Despite the many misconceptions about this – ChatGPT is not actually thinking independently on its own or coming up with unique ideas. Its knowledge is entirely confined to the data and content it has scanned.
What are AI prompts?
ChatGPT prompts are input statements or questions that are used to elicit a response from it. The quality of the response generated by ChatGPT depends on the quality of the prompt provided.
Writing a good prompt requires an understanding of the capabilities and limitations of ChatGPT. Your ability to write good prompts develops over time and there’s also large libraries of prompts you can copy.
Who made ChatGPT?
ChatGPT was developed by OpenAI, a research organization dedicated to developing artificial intelligence.
Microsoft made a huge investment in OpenAI in early 2023 so expect to see ChatGPT capabilities being introduced across many Microsoft products. You can also expect to see a true rivalry emerge between Microsoft and Google over AI Apps, technology and search tools.
What are ChatGPT’s limitations?
ChatGPT deserves all the hype it’s received but it is not perfect. Here are the main limitations to be aware of:
- Limited Dataset: The training dataset for ChatGTP at launch was cut-off at the end of 2021. We expect the lag to be less and less over time but it’s important to be aware of.
- States Incorrect Facts With Conviction: ChatGPT has no concept of a confidence interval – any fact it outputs is stated with 100% confidence regardless of how much evidence it has. This is especially true for more obscure topics with limited coverage in the ChatGPT training dataset.
- Repetitive Writing: The more you use ChatGPT the more you recognize patterns in how it forms sentences. Without inputting a long list of prompts ChatGPT will at times default to repetitive phrases, sentence structure and grammar based on its fixed vocabulary.
Is ChatGPT free?
Access to ChatGPT is available through OpenAI’s website. There’s a free version and paid with faster speed, less downtime and no performance constraints. We expect the free version to always exist but most regular users will likely upgrade to paid. The additional features and speed will be hard to resist.
What are the best alternatives to ChatGPT?
We provide detailed reviews and ratings of many ChatGPT alternatives that provide much broader functionality capabilities. ChatGPT is an impressive AI Tool but has a rudimentary design and feature set compared to competitors such as JasperAI, Rytr AI and Writesonic.
What is GPT4?
OpenAI has recently released its fourth-generation artificial intelligence system known as GPT-4. The company claims that the latest model is state-of-the-art and offers superior performance compared to its predecessor, GPT-3.
OpenAI’s GPT-4 AI is expected to further advance the fields of natural language processing and artificial intelligence. With this release, OpenAI has once again demonstrated its leadership in the AI space, and the company’s commitment to pushing the boundaries of AI technology. Learn more with our GPT-4 guide and start using it today.
Currently only ChatGPT premium subscribers can access GPT4. This will likely change soon and we expect limited access to be provided to free users. We will post a full summary of GPT4 and what it means for AI Apps and Tools soon.